lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Brett Hoerner <br...@bretthoerner.com>
Subject Trouble with manually routed collection after upgrade to 4.6
Date Mon, 25 Nov 2013 16:18:05 GMT
Hi, I've been using a collection on Solr 4.5.X for a few weeks and just did
an upgrade to 4.6 and am having some issues.

First: this collection is, I guess, implicitly routed. I do this for every
document insert using SolrJ:

  document.addField("_route_", shardId)

After upgrading the servers to 4.6 I now get the following on every
insert/delete when using either SolrJ 4.5.1 or 4.6:

  org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: No active slice servicing hash code
17b9dff6 in DocCollection

In the clusterstate *none* of my shards have a range set (they're all
null), but I thought this would be expected since I do routing myself.

Did the upgrade change something here? I didn't see anything related to
this in the upgrade notes.

Thanks,
Brett