lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Aileen <ail...@kriel.org>
Subject Re: solrcloud - forward update to a shard failed
Date Thu, 14 Nov 2013 13:22:51 GMT
Thanks Michael.  Followed your advice - no commits from indexing clients; let auto commit takes
care of things.  It worked, so far no errors.   The config params needs some more tweaking
to get the right balance, specifically maxTime, maxDocs and the soft commit interval, but
otherwise sold is a lot more healthier...

Thanks for your help.

> I did something like that also, and i was getting some nasty problems when one of my
clients would try to commit before a commit issued by another one hadn't yet finish. Might
be the same problem for you too.

> Try not doing explicit commits fomr the indexing client and instead set the autocommit
to 1000 docs or whichever value fits you best.