lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Solr 4.3.1 :: Error loading class 'solr.ICUFoldingFilterFactory'
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2013 17:37:37 GMT
On 11/27/2013 9:37 AM, Raheel Hasan wrote:
> I got a new issue now. I have Solr 4.3.0 running just fine. However on Solr
> 4.3.1, it wont load. I get this issue:
>

> {msg=SolrCore 'mycore' is not available due to init failure: Plugin
> init failure for [schema.xml] fieldType "text_ws": Plugin init failure
> for [schema.xml] analyzer/filter: Error loading class
> 'solr.ICUFoldingFilterFactory',trace=org.apache.solr.common.SolrException:
> SolrCore 'mycore' is not available due to init failure: Plugin init
> failure for [schema.xml] fieldType "text_ws": Plugin init failure for
> [schema.xml] analyzer/filter: Error loading class
> 'solr.ICUFoldingFilterFactory'

The jars required for that analysis chain component are not available to
Solr.  Jars can be loaded in one of two ways.  1) By using lib
directives in solrconfig.xml.  2) Putting them all in
${solr.solr.home}/lib, with ${solr.solr.home} as the location where
solr.xml lives.  The latter is a far better option.Since you are using
4.3.1, don't use the sharedLib attribute in solr.xml, or you'll run into
SOLR-4852.

The extra jars required for ICUFoldingFilterFactory on Solr 4.3.1 are:

icu4j-49.1.jar
lucene-analyzers-icu-4.3.1.jar

You can find these in the download under contrib/analysis-extras.

Thanks,
Shawn