lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Scheffler <thomas.scheff...@uni-jena.de>
Subject weak documents
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2013 08:13:14 GMT
Hi,

I am relatively new to SOLR and I am looking for a neat way to implement
weak documents with SOLR.

Whenever a document is updated or deleted all it's dependent documents
should be removed from the index. In other words they exist as long as
the document exist they refer to when they were indexed - in that
specific version. On "update" they will be indexed after their master
document.

I could like to have some kind of "dependsOn" field that carries the
uniqueKey value of the master document.

Can this be done efficiently with SOLR?

I need this technique because on update and on delete I don't know how
many dependent documents exists in the SOLR index. Especially for batch
index processes, I need a more efficient way than query before every
update or delete.

kind regards,

Thomas