lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: unable to load core after cluster restart
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2013 21:38:35 GMT
On 11/6/2013 2:03 PM, Chris Geeringh wrote:
> --- In the case of Java 7, 1.7.0_40 and 1.7.0_45 have known problems with
> Lucene/Solr.
>
> Shawn, this is interesting. What are the problems, where are the documented?

The issue comments say that one of the committers has worked around the
problem, but I'm not sure whether that fix has made it out into the wild
yet.  Even if it has, JVM bugs are nasty and can be tripped by other
code besides Lucene/Solr, so it's better to completely avoid Java
versions that are known to have them.

Thanks,
Shawn