lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From lash20 <las...@hotmail.com>
Subject Problem using splitBy to populate a multi valued field
Date Mon, 18 Nov 2013 18:51:36 GMT
Hi there,

I'm having trouble using the splitBy functionality to populate a multi
valued field from a pipe delimited datasource. My implementation seems to
partially work for one of the field and does not the work for the the other
field. An example of my implementation below.

I have a db view with following data:
recordId      relist                  dbaName
1                PA21|MD29         The Hong Kong Dragon|The Peeled Apple

My config:
<dataConfig>
    <dataSource name="jdbc" driver="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
	url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@myserver:1521:XE" user="MyUser"
password="MyPassword"/>
    <document>
        <entity name="mentity" query="select * from MySampleView"
transformer="RegexTransformer" >

			<field sourceColName="relist" column="relist" splitBy="\|"  />
			<field sourceColName="dbaName" column="dbaName" splitBy="\|"  />
                        <field column="recordId" name="recordId" />

        </entity>
    </document>
</dataConfig>

My schema.xml snippet:
 <fields>

  <field name="relist"      type="string"    indexed="true"  stored="true"
multiValued="true" />
  <field name="dbaName"      type="string"    indexed="true"  stored="true"
multiValued="true" />
  <field name="recordId"        type="string"    indexed="true"
stored="true"  multiValued="false" />

 </fields>

 <uniqueKey>recordId</uniqueKey>

My expectation is that when the data is split and stored, that the document
would look something like this:

 "docs": [
      {
        "relist": [
          "PA21",
          "MD29"
        ],
        "recordId": "1",
        "dbaName": [
          "The Hong Kong Dragon",
	  "The Peeled Apple"
        ]
      }
    ]

However, this is what I get:
 "docs": [
      {
        "relist": [
          "PA21",
          "MD29",
          "PA21|MD29"
        ],
        "recordId": "1",
        "dbaName": [
          "The Hong Kong Dragon|The Peeled Apple"
        ]
      }
    ]

My issue:
1) relist is being split but it also includes the original delimited value
in the list
2) dbaName is not being split at all

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks