lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From yriveiro <yago.rive...@gmail.com>
Subject Document routing question.
Date Thu, 14 Nov 2013 15:46:39 GMT
Hi,

I read this post http://searchhub.org/2013/06/13/solr-cloud-document-routing
and I have some questions.

When a tenant is too large to fit on one shard, we can specify the number of
bit from the shardKey that we want to use.

If we set a doc's key as "tenant1/4!docXXX" we are saying to spread the docs
over the 1/4th of the collection. If the collection has 4 shards this means
that all docs with the same shardKey will go to the same shard, or we will
spread 25% in each shard?

Other question is: at query time, we must configurate shardKeys param as
"shard.keys=tenant1!" or as "shard.keys=tenant1/4!"

/Yago

-----
Best regards