lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Solr - Read sort data from external source
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2013 23:46:06 GMT

: I am trying to write some code to read rank data from external db, I saw
: some example done using database -
: http://sujitpal.blogspot.com/2011/05/custom-sorting-in-solr-using-external.html,
: But is there any way to pass parameter or choose different database during
: FieldComparator based on query. Lets say I want to pass versions, the sort
: order in version 1 will be different then sort order in v2.

I would suggest that instead of trying to implement a custom sort, you
instead look into implementing a custom ValueSourceParser -- this lets
you define custom functions that can take input, and then use the
function input to specify your query time variations.

any registered function name can be sorted on.

I think this article is still fairly accurate in terms of the internal
APIs you need to implemnt...

http://java.dzone.com/news/how-write-custom-solr

...or if you liked Sujit's blog on custom sorting, he has a more recent
one on custom functions...

http://sujitpal.blogspot.com/2013/03/solr-custom-ranking-with-function.html

-Hoss