lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Tim Vaillancourt <...@elementspace.com>
Subject Re: difference between apache tomcat vs Jetty
Date Thu, 24 Oct 2013 22:09:20 GMT
I agree with Jonathan (and Shawn on the Jetty explanation), I think the
docs should make this a bit more clear - I notice many people choosing
Tomcat and then learning these details after, possibly regretting it.

I'd be glad to modify the docs but I want to be careful how it is worded.
Is it fair to go as far as saying Jetty is 100% THE "recommended" container
for Solr, or should a recommendation be avoided, and maybe just a list of
pros/cons?

Cheers,

Tim