lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: solr 4.5.0 configuration Error: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException:org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Could not load config file .../solrconfig.xml
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2013 17:06:12 GMT
On 10/30/2013 10:44 AM, Elena Camossi wrote:
> Actually, I had tried the instanceDir="ckan" but it didn't work either (with
> the same error, just reporting a wrong path to solrconf.xml).
> I used this configuration taking suggestion from here
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16230493/apache-solr-unable-to-access-adm
> in-page).
> But now that I have commented the dataDir setting in solrconf.xml as you
> suggest, it changes behaviour and i have a different error from Solr
> Logging:
>

> SolrCore Initialization Failures
>
>      ckan-schema-2.0:
> org.apache.solr.common.SolrException:org.apache.solr.common.SolrException:
> Error loading class 'solr.clustering.ClusteringComponent'
>
> Please check your logs for more information
> Log4j (org.slf4j.impl.Log4jLoggerFactory)
> Time 	Level 	Logger 	Message
> 17:36:43 	WARN 	SolrResourceLoader 	Can't find (or read)
> directory to add to classloader: ../../../contrib/extraction/lib (resolved
> as: /usr/share/solr/ckan/../../../contrib/extraction/lib).

Your solrconfig.xml file includes the ClusteringComponent, but you don't
have the jars required for that component available.  Your solrconfig
file does have a bunch of <lib> directives, but they don't point
anywhere that's valid -- they assume that the entire Solr download is
available, not just what's in the example dir.  The jar for that
particular component can be found in the download as
dist/solr-clustering-X.X.X.jar ... but it is likely to also require
additional jars, such as those found in contrib/clustering/lib.

When it comes to extra jars for contrib or third-party components, the
best thing to do is remove all <lib> directives from solrconfig.xml and
put the jars in ${solr.solr.home}/lib.  For you that location would be
/usr/share/solr/lib.  Solr automatically looks in this location without
any extra configuration.

Further advice - remove things you don't need from your config.  If
you're not planning to use the clustering component, take it out.  Also
remove any handlers that refer to components you won't be using -- the
/browse handler is a prime example of something that most people don't need.

Thanks,
Shawn