lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Rochkind <rochk...@jhu.edu>
Subject Re: Need idea to standardize keywords - ring tone vs ringtone
Date Mon, 28 Oct 2013 17:03:43 GMT
Do you know about the Solr synonym feature?  That seems more applicable
to what you're describing then stopwords. I'd stay away from stopwords
entirely here, and try to do what you want with synonyms.

Multi-word synonyms can be tricky, I'm not entirely sure the right way
to do it for this use case. But I think the synonym feature is what you
want. Not the stopwords feature.