lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Query & result caching with custom functions
Date Thu, 24 Oct 2013 14:35:53 GMT
On 10/24/2013 5:35 AM, Mathias Lux wrote:
> I've written a custom function, which is able to provide a distance
> based on some DocValues to re-sort result lists. This basically works
> great, but we've got the problem that if I don't change the query, but
> the function parameters, Solr delivers a cached result without
> re-ordering. I turned off caching and see there, problem solved. But
> of course this is not a avenue I want to pursue further as it doesn't
> make sense for a prodcutive system.
>
> Do you have any ideas (beyond fake query modification and turning off
> caching) to counteract?
>
> btw. I'm using Solr 4.4 (so if you are aware of the issue and it has
> been resolved in 4.5 I'll port it :) The code I'm using is at
> https://bitbucket.org/dermotte/liresolr

I suspect that the queryResultCache is not paying attention to the fact
that parameters for your plugin have changed.  This probably means that
your plugin must somehow inform the "cache check" code that something
HAS changed.

How you actually do this is a mystery to me because it involves parts of
the code that are beyond my understanding, but it MIGHT involve making
sure that parameters related to your code are saved as part of the entry
that goes into the cache.

Thanks,
Shawn