lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: SolrCloud Query Balancing
Date Wed, 16 Oct 2013 16:27:49 GMT
On 10/16/2013 8:01 AM, Henrik Ossipoff Hansen wrote:
> I did not actually realize this, I apologize for my previous reply!
>
> Haproxy would definitely be the right choice then for the posters setup for redundancy.

Any load balancer software, or even an appliance load balancer like
those made by F5, would probably work.  I don't think there's anything
wrong with nginx.  I've never used it, but I've heard it mentioned often
in a load balancer context, so it's probably great software.  The
original poster should use whatever they are comfortable with, and if
they have no experience with any particular solution, they can ask
advice from people who have used one or more of the possibilities.

Never be afraid to offer advice.  I've been wrong plenty of times in
what I've posted on this list, and I've learned a TON because of it.

Thanks,
Shawn