lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Michael Tracey <mtra...@biblio.com>
Subject Solr 4.5.1 and Illegal to have multiple roots (start tag in epilog?). (perhaps SOLR-4327 bug?)
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2013 02:48:35 GMT
Hey Solr-users,

I've got a single solr 4.5.1 node with 96GB ram, a 65GB index (105 million records) and a
lot of daily churn of newly indexed files (auto softcommit and commits).  I'm trying to bring
another matching node into the mix, and am getting these errors on the new node:

org.apache.solr.common.SolrException; org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Illegal to have
multiple roots (start tag in epilog?).

On the old server, still running, I'm getting:

shard update error StdNode: http://server1:xxxx/solr/collection/:org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServerException:
Server refused connection at: http://server2:xxxx/solr/collection

the new core never actually comes online, stays in recovery mode.  The other two tiny cores
(100,000+ records each and not updated frequently), work just fine.

is this SOLR-4327 bug?  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-5331   And if so, how can
I get the new node up and running so I can get back in production with some redundancy and
speed?

I'm running an external zookeeper, and that is all running just fine.  Also internal Solrj/jetty
with little to no modifications.

Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks,

M.