lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Phani Chaitanya <pvempaty....@gmail.com>
Subject prepareCommit vs Commit
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2013 23:08:07 GMT
Hi all,

  I'd like to know a bit more in detail about what is happening behind the
scenes in case of prepareCommit vs Commit.

Also, I read some where in the comments of the lucene/solr code (I don't
rememebr, but I'll try to dig it) that if a indexing request comes while
commit is requested, it opens a new segment for the indexing and commit
happens as usual. So, the question is when would a new segment be opened for
indexing ? Is it part of prepareCommit/Commit ? If so, why ?

Thanks.

-----
Phani Chaitanya