lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Michael Sokolov <msoko...@safaribooksonline.com>
Subject [ANN] Lux Release 0.10.5
Date Fri, 20 Sep 2013 00:43:56 GMT
I'm pleased to announce the release of the XML search engine Lux,
version 0.10.5.  There has been a lot of progress made since our last
announced release, which was 0.9.1.  Some highlights:

The app server now provides full access to HTTP request data and control
of HTTP responses.  We've implemented the excellent EXPath specification
for this (http://expath.org/spec/webapp
<http://expath.org/spec/webapp/editor>) with only a few gaps (eg. no
binary file upload yet).

Range comparisons (like [@title > 'median'] are now rewritten by the
optimizer to use the lux:key() function when a suitable index is
available, and comparisons involving lux:key() are optimized using the
Lucene index.

and there have been numerous performance optimizations and bug fixes,
detailed at http://issues.luxdb.org/ and in the release notes here:
http://luxdb.org/RELEASE-0.10.html.

Lots more information, including downloads, documentation and setup
instructions, is available at http://luxdb.org <http://luxdb.org/>,
source code is at http://github.com/msokolov/lux, and there is an email
list: luxdb@luxdb.org, archived at
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/luxdb
<https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#%21topic/luxdb>.

Finally, I'll be presenting Lux at Lucene/Solr Revolution in Dublin Nov.
6-7, so if you're anywhere nearby, I encourage you to come, and I look
forward to seeing you there!

-Mike Sokolov
sokolov@falutin.net