lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Brian Robinson <br...@socialsurgemedia.com>
Subject Do I need to delete my index?
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2013 20:17:55 GMT
Hello,
I'm in the process of creating my index using a series of
SolrClient::request commands in PHP. I ran into a problem when some of
the fields that I had as "text_general" fieldType contained "&load=" in
a URL, triggering an error because the HTML entity "load" wasn't
recognized. I realized that I should have made my URL fields of type
"string" instead, so that they would be taken as is (they're not being
indexed, just stored), so I removed all docs from my index, updated
schema.xml, and restarted Solr, but I'm still getting the same error. Do
I need to delete the index itself and then restart to get this to work?
Am I correct that changing those fields to "string" type should fix the
issue?
Thanks,
Brian