lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Phani Chaitanya <pvempaty....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Committing when indexing in parallel
Date Sat, 14 Sep 2013 23:36:40 GMT
Thanks Erick. I completely did not get the point you are trying to make w.r.t
my question. I'll add it again according to your example.

In the example you gave w.r.t P1.1, P2.1, P1.2, P2.2 and P1 issues a commit,
I understand that all documents are committed.

Now what happens when P1 issues a commit and P2 sends another document, say
P2.3, to index at the same time ?

As you said the requests are treated as if they are serial - if P1.commit is
the first one among P1.commit & P2.3, P2.3 will be indexed into a new
segment ?

Regards,
Phani.

-----