lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Michael Ryan <mr...@moreover.com>
Subject RE: Memory usage during aggregation - SolrCloud with very large numbers of facet terms.
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2013 12:41:27 GMT
> However, the Solr instance we direct our  client query to is consuming significantly more
RAM (10GB) and is still failing after a few queries when it runs out of heap space. This is
presumably due to the role it plays, aggregating the results from each shard.

That seems quite odd... What facet parameters are you using in the query? I could imagine
memory issues if you're using facet.limit=-1, or some very large number.

-Michael