lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Joshi, Shital" <Shital.Jo...@gs.com>
Subject RE: external zookeeper with SolrCloud
Date Fri, 09 Aug 2013 17:15:21 GMT
Same thing happen. It only works with N/2 + 1 zookeeper instances up.

-----Original Message-----
From: Shawn Heisey [mailto:solr@elyograg.org]
Sent: Friday, August 09, 2013 11:22 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: external zookeeper with SolrCloud

On 8/9/2013 9:02 AM, Joshi, Shital wrote:
> At this point, we cannot see admin page or query of any solr nodes unless we restart
entire cloud and after that everything is great. So we must put checks to make sure that N/2
+ 1 zookeeper instances are up before we can bring up any solr nodes.

I am not really surprised to learn that SolrCloud doesn't start
correctly if you don't have zookeeper running when starting Solr.

I think it's definitely a bug that Solr won't start working correctly
when you start zookeeper.  I have filed an issue:

If you repeat your test while you have one zookeeper node up (but not
N/2 + 1 for quorum), does the same thing happen, or will it work?

Thanks,
Shawn