lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Indexing status when one tomcat goes down
Date Sat, 24 Aug 2013 15:57:10 GMT
Well, "it depends". If the tomcat that went down contains all
the replicas (leader and follower) then indexing will halt,
searching should continue with indications that you're getting
partial results back.

If at least one node for each shard is still active, you should
be fine. There may be some chatter while the new leader is
elected, but the cluster should adjust and you should continue.

Best,
Erick