lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Cassandra Targett <casstarg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: autocomplete feature - where to begin
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2013 17:33:10 GMT
The autocomplete feature in Solr is built on the spell checker
component, and is called Suggester, which is why you've seen both of
those mentioned. It's implemented with a searchComponent and a
requestHandler.

The Solr Reference Guide has a decent overview of how to implement it
and I just made a few edits to make what needs to be done a bit more
clear:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Suggester

If you have suggestions for improvements to that doc (such as steps
that aren't clear), you're welcome to set up an account there and
leave a comment.

Cassandra