lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Cristian Cascetta <cristian.casce...@liquida.it>
Subject Solr 4.0 Functions in FL: performance?
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2013 07:59:59 GMT
Hello,

when I put a function in the Field List, when are field values calculated
and on wich docs?

Are values calculated over the whole set of docs? Only over the resulting
set of doc? Or, better, over the docs actually serialized in results.

i.e. I have 1000 docs in the index, 100 docs matching my query, 10 docs in
my result response because i put &rows=10 in my query.

I put fl=sum(fieldA,fieldB) in my query.

How many times is the sum of fieldA+fieldB executed?

thx,
c.