lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Utkarsh Sengar <utkarsh2...@gmail.com>
Subject Suggest aka "autocomplete" request handler with solr 4.4
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2013 21:27:18 GMT
I am trying to get autocorrect and suggest feature work on my solr 4.4
setup.

As recommended here: http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Suggester, this is my
solrconfig: http://apaste.info/eBPr

Where "allText" is a copy field which indexes all the content I have in
document title, description etc.

I am trying to use it like this:
http://solr_server/solr/core1/suggest?q=appl and I expect to see "apple"
but I get this response:

<response>
<lst name="responseHeader">
<int name="status">0</int>
<int name="QTime">0</int>
</lst>
</response>

I have reindexed my data after adding this config (i.e. loading the whole
dataset again via UpdateCSV), also tried to reload the core via http.

So, I have 2 questions:

1. Is there a better way to reindex from the solr admin panel directly
without actually going through the process of loading the data again?

2. Any suggestions on what am I missing with the "suggest" request handler?

--
Thanks,
-Utkarsh