lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Lance Norskog <goks...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SOLR Prevent solr of modifying fields when update doc
Date Sat, 24 Aug 2013 02:08:43 GMT
Solr does not by default generate unique IDs. It uses what you give as
your unique field, usually called 'id'.

What software do you use to index data from your RSS feeds? Maybe that
is creating a new 'id' field?

There is no partial update, Solr (Lucene) always rewrites the complete
document.

On 08/23/2013 09:03 AM, Greg Preston wrote:
> Perhaps an atomic update that only changes the fields you want to change?
>
> -Greg
>

> On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 4:16 AM, Luís Portela Afonso
> <meligaletiko@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi thanks by the answer, but the uniqueId is generated by me. But when solr indexes
and there is an update in a doc, it deletes the doc and creates a new one, so it generates
a new UUID.
>> It is not suitable for me, because i want that solr just updates some fields, because
the UUID is the key that i use to map it to an user in my database.

>> Right now i'm using information that comes from the source and never chages, as my
uniqueId, like for example the guid, that exists in some rss feeds, or if it doesn't exists
i use link.

>> I think there is any simple solution for me, because for what i have read, when an
update to a doc exists, SOLR deletes the old one and create a new one, right?