lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Artem Karpenko <a.karpe...@oxseed.com>
Subject Re: Where is the webapps directory of servlet container?
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2013 07:49:43 GMT
Hello Kamaljeet,

it's also mentioned on that page that "Solr runs inside a Java servlet
container such as Tomcat, Jetty, or Resin" - you have to install one of
those first. I don't know about Resin but Tomcat and Jetty have their
webapps directories right inside of them. Solr Home directory from
distribution is "apache-solr-4.x.0/example/solr/". You just have to copy
it anywhere you like and then point out this location by providing
system property solr.solr.home when starting the servlet container of
your choice (also described later in the document).

Best,
Artem Karpenko.