lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: How to run a verification process at pre-commit documents and then commit them into live indexes if they are valid?
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2013 16:53:06 GMT
On 8/2/2013 2:48 AM, Furkan KAMACI wrote:
> I use Solr 4.2.1 as SolrCloud. My live indexes will be search by huge
> amounts of users and I don't want to have anything wrong. I have some
> criteria for my indexes. i.e. there mustn't be spam documents at my index
> (I have a spam detector tool), some documents should be at first result
> page (or within first and second result page, doesn't important) when I
> search for certain keywords (I don't want to organize them with query
> elevation, it doesn't important to be at first row or tenth.
>
> So I want to run a index verification tool for my indexes. How can I do
> that with SolrCloud? Should I build a pseudo SolrCloud, make tests on them
> and if everything OK then send to live SolrCloud? Or can I send documents
> to SolrCloud, don't commit them into live indexes then run that
> verification tool for not yet committed documents and then if everything is
> OK commit them.
>
> What do you prefer me for such cases who wants to run a verification
> process at their indexes before commit them into live indexes?

Because the transaction log and a uniqueKey in schema.xml are required
for SolrCloud, you can define and use the realtime get handler to
retrieve documents by the value in the uniqueKey field, even documents
that are not yet committed and searchable.  You have to know the id values.

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/RealTimeGet

Thanks,
Shawn