lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <elyog...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Solr 4.3.1 only accepts UTF-8 encoded queries?
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2013 17:14:23 GMT
On 7/27/2013 5:00 PM, Shawn Heisey wrote:
> On 7/26/2013 2:03 PM, Gustav wrote:
>> The problem here is that in my client's application, the query beign encoded
>> in iso-8859-1 its a *must*. So, this is kind of a trouble here.
>> I just dont get how this encoding could work on queries in version 3.5, but
>> it doesnt in 4.3.
>
> I brought up the issue on the dev list.  Allowing a user to change the
> default character set would cause problems for SolrCloud or distributed
> search, because the requests generated by the server are UTF-8.
>
> The responder did say that he can imagine all the code for a solution
> that involves an input encoding parameter.  I filed SOLR-5082 to track it.

Gustav,

SOLR-5082 has been implemented and committed to the code.  In Solr 4.5
you will be able to add an "ie" parameter to your request (with the
value iso-8859-1) and then everything will work right for you.

Releases happen fairly often, so hopefully 4.5 will be out in the next
month or two.  If you want to try it now, you can get the branch_4x
source code or a branch_4x nightly build.

Thanks,
Shawn