lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Boogie Shafer <boo...@ebrary.com>
Subject RE: external zookeeper with SolrCloud
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2013 21:02:12 GMT
good stuff

here is a more recent version of the same resource as they have added a few new commands in
the recent releases of zookeeper

http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.4.5/zookeeperAdmin.html#sc_zkCommands

From: Walter Underwood <wunder@wunderwood.org>
Sent: Friday, August 16, 2013 12:48
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: external zookeeper with SolrCloud

You might be able to get info from the Zookeeper "four letter words".

http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.1.2/zookeeperAdmin.html#sc_zkCommands

Here is a command to get the status for one of our Zookeeper hosts:

$ echo stat | nc zk-web02.test3.cloud.cheggnet.com 2181

wunder

On Aug 16, 2013, at 12:01 PM, Shawn Heisey wrote:

> On 8/16/2013 11:58 AM, Joshi, Shital wrote:
>> Is there a way to find if We have a zookeeper quorum? We can ping individual zookeeper
and see if it is running, but it would be nice to ping/query one URL and check if we have
a quorum.

> This is a really good question, to which I do not have an answer.  If your client code
is Java, you could probably get this information out of CloudSolrServer, with something like
this:

> server.getZkStateReader().getZkClient().getSolrZooKeeper().getState();
>
> If the state is CONNECTED everything's probably fine.
>
> If anyone who's dealt with Zookeeper happens to know whether this would work, I'd appreciate
knowing.  For Solr, it is probably a good idea to expose something via an admin handler with
the current zookeeper quorum state.