lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: new field type - enum field
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 12:25:23 GMT
Start here: http://wiki.apache.org/solr/HowToContribute

Then, when your patch is ready submit a JIRA and attach
your patch. Then nudge (gently) if none of the committers
picks it up and applies it....

NOTE: It is _not_ necessary that the first version of your
patch is completely polished. I often put up partial/incomplete
patches (comments with //nocommit are explicitly caught by
the "ant precommit" target for instance) to see if anyone
has any comments before polishing.....

Best
Erick

On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 5:04 AM, Elran Dvir <elrand@checkpoint.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have implemented like Chris described it:
> The field is indexed as numeric, but displayed as string, according to configuration.
> It applies to facet, pivot, group and query.
>
> How do we proceed? How do I contribute it?
>
> Thanks.

in favor of TrieIntField for this reason) it probably just makes sense to treat it as a numeric
at the Lucene level.

> : > If there's positive feedback, I'll open an issue with a patch for the functionality.
>
> I've typically dealt with this sort of thing at the client layer using a simple numeric
field in Solr, or used an UpdateProcessor to convert the
> String->numeric mapping when indexing & used clinet logic of a
> DocTransformer to handle the stored value at query time -- but having a built in FieldType
that handles that for you automatically (and helps ensure the indexed values conform to the
enum) would certainly be cool if you'd like to contribute it.