lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: new field type - enum field
Date Sun, 28 Jul 2013 23:44:22 GMT
You should be able to attach a patch, wonder if there was some
temporary glitch in the JIRA. Is this persisting.

Let us know if this continues...

Erick

On Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 12:11 PM, Elran Dvir <elrand@checkpoint.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have created an issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-5084
> I tried to attach my patch, but it failed: " Cannot attach file Solr-5084.patch: Unable
to communicate with JIRA."
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Thanks.

if none of the committers picks it up and applies it....

> NOTE: It is _not_ necessary that the first version of your patch is completely polished.
I often put up partial/incomplete patches (comments with //nocommit are explicitly caught
by the "ant precommit" target for instance) to see if anyone has any comments before polishing.....

> Best
> Erick
>
> On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 5:04 AM, Elran Dvir <elrand@checkpoint.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have implemented like Chris described it:
>> The field is indexed as numeric, but displayed as string, according to configuration.
>> It applies to facet, pivot, group and query.
>>
>> How do we proceed? How do I contribute it?
>>
>> Thanks.

in favor of TrieIntField for this reason) it probably just makes sense to treat it as a numeric
at the Lucene level.

>> : > If there's positive feedback, I'll open an issue with a patch for the functionality.
>>
>> I've typically dealt with this sort of thing at the client layer using
>> a simple numeric field in Solr, or used an UpdateProcessor to convert
>> the
>> String->numeric mapping when indexing & used clinet logic of a
>> DocTransformer to handle the stored value at query time -- but having a built in
FieldType that handles that for you automatically (and helps ensure the indexed values conform
to the enum) would certainly be cool if you'd like to contribute it.