lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Cool Techi <cooltec...@outlook.com>
Subject RE: Solr 4.3 Master/Slave Issues
Date Fri, 05 Jul 2013 15:54:58 GMT
The normal tomcat shutdown doesn't stop the server and take a long time, so i do issue a kill
-9 command. Any other suggestion to do this without the locking.

I would initiate a backup again and send the logs.

regards,
Ayush

> Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2013 19:40:12 +0530
> Subject: Re: Solr 4.3 Master/Slave Issues
> From: shalinmangar@gmail.com
> To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
>
> On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 6:14 PM, Cool Techi <cooltechie@outlook.com> wrote:
> >
> > 1) That was my initial suspicion, but when I run ps -aux | grep "java", but there
it doesn't show any other program running. I kill the process and start again and it locks.

> How are you killing the process? A SIGKILL will leave a lock file.
>

> > 2) When we fire backup on Slave, the whole core hangs after a while and also replication
stops. This was not happening with our earlier setup of solr3.6

> Just to confirm, are you using the backup command of replication
> handler? Can you post a thread dump of the process to pastebin or
> http://apaste.info/ ?
>
> > Regards,
> >

> >> Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2013 16:49:24 +0530
> >> Subject: Re: Solr 4.3 Master/Slave Issues
> >> From: shalinmangar@gmail.com
> >> To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
> >>
> >> This can mean multiple things:
> >> 1. You had killed a solr process earlier which left the lock file in place
> >> 2. You have more than one Solr core pointing to the same data directory
> >> 3. A solr process is already running and you are trying to start
> >> another one with the same config.

core the core get's locked up. I have checked the logs and there are no OOM error or anything
else other than the error given below,Caused by: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Index
locked for write for core XXX
for write for core XX        at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.initIndex(SolrCore.java:484)