lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Michael Bakonyi <kont...@mb-neuemedien.de>
Subject Re: ClassNotFoundException regarding SolrInfoMBean under Tomcat 7
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2013 12:16:33 GMT
Am 05.07.2013 um 16:36 schrieb Shalin Shekhar Mangar:

> Okay so just for the rest of the people who dig up this thread. You
> had to put all the extra jar files required by typo3 into WEB-INF/lib
> to make this work. Is that right?

Maybe this works aswell but I'd put it in a directory called "lib" within the core's folder.
That way it is loaded automatically, too, says the example solrconfig.xml:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/trunk/solr/example/solr/collection1/conf/solrconfig.xml

Cheers,
Michael

Am 05.07.2013 um 16:36 schrieb Shalin Shekhar Mangar:

> Okay so just for the rest of the people who dig up this thread. You
> had to put all the extra jar files required by typo3 into WEB-INF/lib
> to make this work. Is that right?
>
> On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 8:03 PM, Michael Bakonyi
> <kontakt@mb-neuemedien.de> wrote:
>> Hi Shalin,
>>
>> Am 05.07.2013 um 16:23 schrieb Shalin Shekhar Mangar:
>>> There are plenty of use-cases for having multiple cores. You may have
>>> two different schemas for two different kind of documents. Perhaps you
>>> are indexing content in multiple languages and you may want a core per
>>> language. In SolrCloud, a node can have multiple cores to support more
>>> than one shard on the same box.
>>
>> alright, so it depends on the use case. I guess for me the different use cases will
be combinations of domain.tld and language. But for me this is far future I think.

>>> The Solr war file has all the classes it needs to startup and run
>>> (well except for some optional components like DataImportHandler etc)
>>> and the SolrInfoMBean is most definitely present in the war file.
>>> Enabling or disabling jmx has nothing to do with loading that class.
>>
>> This is what I guessed, too. But I'm neither know Java or Tomcat nor Solr so I tried
everything I could.

>>> It is very difficult to guess what's wrong with your setup this way.
>>> Why don't you try using the example jetty? It works and is well
>>> supported and optimized for Solr.
>>
>> Giovanni's guess was right, so this error disappeared luckily.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Michael
>>

>> Am 05.07.2013 um 16:23 schrieb Shalin Shekhar Mangar:

except that I didn't copy the .war-file into the $SOLR_HOME but referencing to it at a different
location via Tomcat Context fragment file.

can anybody give me kind of a live example, when to use different cores? Until now I still
don't really understand the concept of cores ..) by duplicating the example-folder in which
I overwrote some files (especially solrconfig.xml) with files offered by the TYPO3-community.
I also moved the file "solr.xml" one level up and edited it (added core-fragment and especially
adjusted "instanceDir")  to get a correct multicore-setup like in the example multicore-setup
within the downloaded solr-tgz-package.

>>> There are plenty of use-cases for having multiple cores. You may have
>>> two different schemas for two different kind of documents. Perhaps you
>>> are indexing content in multiple languages and you may want a core per
>>> language. In SolrCloud, a node can have multiple cores to support more
>>> than one shard on the same box.

Method)"

org.apache.solr.core.SolrInfoMBean".

which aren't included correctly. There are some libs, which are included at the top of this
file but the paths of the references should be ok as I checked them via Bash: At http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrConfigXml
it is said that the <lib dir= directory is relative to the instanceDir, so this is what
I've checked. I also inserted absolute paths but this wasn't successful either.