lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Scott Vanderbilt <li...@datagenic.com>
Subject Solr 4.3.1: Errors When Attempting to Index LatLon Fields
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2013 21:10:34 GMT
I'm trying to index documents containing geo-spatial coordinates using
Solr 4.3.1 and am running into some difficulties. Whenever I attempt to
index a particular document containing a geospatial coordinate pair
(using post.jar), the operation fails as follows:

   SimplePostTool version 1.5
   Posting files to base url http://localhost:8080/solr/update using
       content-type application/xml..
   POSTing file rib00001.xml
   SimplePostTool: WARNING: Solr returned an error #400 Bad Request
   SimplePostTool: WARNING: IOException while reading response:
      java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 400 for
   1 files indexed.
   COMMITting Solr index changes to http://localhost:8080/solr/update..
   Time spent: 0:00:00.063

The solr log shows the following:

   08:30:39 ERROR SolrCore org.apache.solr.common.SolrException:
     undefined field: "geoFindspot_0_coordinate"

There relevant parts of my schema.xml are:

   <field name="geoFindspot" type="location" indexed="true"
      stored="true" multiValued="true"/>
   <fieldType name="location" class="solr.LatLonType"
       subFieldSuffix="_coordinate"/>
   <dynamicField name="*_coordinate" type="tdouble" indexed="true"
       stored="false" />

The document I am attempting to index has this field:

    <field name="geoFindspot">51.512332,-0.090588</field>

As far as I can tell, my configuration complies with the instructions on
the relevant Wiki page (http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SpatialSearch) and I
can see nothing amiss.

Any suggestions as to why this is failing would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!