lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From vicky desai <vicky.de...@germinait.com>
Subject Re: Querying a specific core in solr cloud
Date Fri, 26 Jul 2013 07:41:09 GMT
Hi Erick,

First Of all sorry for the late reply.

The scenario is as follows
1. Create a solr set up on two machines say (ip1 and ip2) with shard=1 and
external zoo-keeper
2. Now if i create a core x on machine with ip1 only and use the query
http://ip1:port1/solr/x/select?q=*:*&distrib=false
http://ip2:port2/solr/x/select?q=*:*&distrib=false

I get the same result that is docs are visible. However practically the core
is not on instance with ip2 so i was expecting that query to fail

3. Now if I create the core on machine 2 as well and then hit those two
queries second query gives me response 0 untill it comes in sync with ip1.
This behavious is as expected.

Please correct me if my expections are wrong and thanks for all the help
provided untill now