lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From John Randall <jmr...@yahoo.com>
Subject POST question
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2013 22:12:27 GMT
I want to use a browser and use HTTP POST to add a single document (not a file) to Solr.
I don't want to use cURL. I've made several attempts, such as the following:

http://localhost:8080/solr/update?commit=true&stream.type=text/xml&<add><doc><field

 I get following message which makes it appear the POST was successful, but when I query
on the id, there are no results. I've commited in a separate post too, but again, no results.

  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
- <response>
- <lstname="responseHeader">
  <intname="status">0</int>
  <intname="QTime">15</int>
  </lst>
  </response>

It's probably a syntax error, but not sure.

I'm using Solr 3.6 on Windows XP SP 3.

Any help would be appreciated.