lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Joshi, Shital" <Shital.Jo...@gs.com>
Subject RE: external zookeeper with SolrCloud
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2013 14:15:47 GMT
Thanks Mark.

Looks like this bug is fixed in Solr 4.4. Do you have any date for official release of 4.4?
Is there any instruction available on how to build Solr 4.4 from SVN repository?

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Miller [mailto:markrmiller@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2013 8:05 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: external zookeeper with SolrCloud

This might be https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-4899

- Mark

On Jun 10, 2013, at 5:59 PM, "Joshi, Shital" <Shital.Joshi@gs.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> We're setting up 5 shard SolrCloud with external zoo keeper. When we bring up Solr nodes
while the zookeeper instance is not up and running, we see this error in Solr logs.

>        at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.checkConnect(Native Method)
>
>        at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(SocketChannelImpl.java:567)
>
>        at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.doTransport(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:350)
>
>        at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:1068)
>

> INFO  - 2013-06-10 15:03:35.422; org.apache.solr.common.cloud.ConnectionManager; Watcher
592147 [main-EventThread] INFO  org.apache.solr.common.cloud.ConnectionManager  ? Watcher
org.apache.solr.common.cloud.ConnectionManager@530d0eae name:ZooKeeperConnection Watcher:
................. got event WatchedEvent state:SyncConnected type:None path:null path:null
type:None

> INFO  - 2013-06-10 15:03:35.423; org.apache.solr.common.cloud.ConnectionManager; Client->ZooKeeper
status change trigger but we are already closed

> 592148 [main-EventThread] INFO  org.apache.solr.common.cloud.ConnectionManager  ? Client->ZooKeeper
status change trigger but we are already closed

> After we bring up zookeeper instance, the node never connects to zookeeper and we can't
see the solr admin page, until we restart the node.