lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Kalyan Kuram <kalyan.ku...@live.com>
Subject RE: Solr Shards and ZooKeeper
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2013 20:52:17 GMT
It worked ,i followed steps only difference i erased everything and started from scratch again

> From: kalyan.kuram@live.com
> To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
> Subject: Solr Shards and ZooKeeper
> Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 14:51:41 -0400
>
> Hi allI am trying to configure external zookeeper with solr instances which has to have
2 shards.I tried the introductory solrcloud wiki page and lucidworks solrcloud page it works
just fine(embedded zookeeper),The problem i have is start solr with 2 shards when i have external
zookeeper,i cant get solr to start with 2 shards
> Steps followed1.start zookeeper
> 2.Start First solr instance with args nohup java -Dbootstrap_confdir=./solr/Articles/conf
-Dcollection.configName=Articles -DzkHost=dev-core-solr1:2181 -DnumShards=2 -jar start.jar
&
  &

> And when i navigate to the cloud page i see shard1 connected to 2 solr instances instead
of shard1 connected to solr1instance1 and shard2 to solrinstance2
> Behaviour is not the same when i start embedded zookeeper from solr,i see shard1 connected
to solrinstance1 and shard2 connected to solrinstance2