lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: StatsComponent doesn't work if field's type is TextField - can I change field's type to String
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2013 14:29:36 GMT
>From the stats component page:

"The stats component returns simple statistics for indexed numeric
fields within the DocSet"

So string, text, anything non-numeric won't work. You can declare it
multiValued but then
you have to add multiple values for the field when you send the doc to
Solr or implement
a custom update component to break them up. At least there's no filter
that I know of that
takes a delimited set of numbers and transforms them.

FWIW,
Erick

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 4:14 AM, Elran Dvir <elrand@checkpoint.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> StatsComponent doesn't work if field's type is TextField.
> I get the following message:
> "Field type textstring{class=org.apache.solr.schema.TextField,analyzer=org.apache.solr.analysis.TokenizerChain,args={positionIncrementGap=100,
> sortMissingLast=true}} is not currently supported".
>
> My field configuration is:
>
> <fieldType name="mvstring" class="solr.TextField" positionIncrementGap= "100" sortMissingLast="true">
>             <analyzer type="index">
>                 <tokenizer class="solr.PatternTokenizerFactory" pattern="\n" />
>             </analyzer>
> </fieldType>
>
> <field name="myField" type="mvstring" indexed="true" stored="false" multiValued="true"/>
>
> So, the reason my field is of type TextField is that in the document indexed there may
be multiple values in the field separated by new lines.