lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Alexandre Rafalovitch <arafa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding pdf/word file using JSON/XML
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2013 00:28:57 GMT
On Sun, Jun 16, 2013 at 7:27 PM, Walter Underwood <wunder@wunderwood.org> wrote:
> 2. Someone who expects partial update in a search engine, or transactions, has a deep
misunderstandings of the tradeoffs you make for what search can do. That isn't mastery of
arcane details, that is search 101.

Yes, they might (have misunderstanding). But between coming from SQL
'like' and hearing Solr being called NoSQL, you would not be surprised
if that happened. I, for one, don't remember seeing a 'search 101'
document that outlines those assumptions. And without it, how would
one be expected to know those, except through some sort of mastery of
_any_ search engine? And, if Solr is the _first_ such search engine,
we just got ourselves back into catch-22 situation.

So, I am with Jack on this one.

Regards,
   Alex.

at once. Lately, it doesn't seem to be working.  (Anonymous  - via GTD
book)