lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Utkarsh Sengar <utkarsh2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Updating solrconfig and schema.xml for solrcloud in multicore setup
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2013 09:24:39 GMT
But as when I launch a solr instance without "-Dbootstrap_conf=true", just
once core is launched and I cannot see the other core.

This behavior is the same as Mark's reply here:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-dev/201205.mbox/%3CBB7AD9BF-389B-4B94-8C1B-BBFC4028A115@gmail.com%3E

- bootstrap_conf: you pass it true and it reads solr.xml and uploads
the conf set for each
SolrCore it finds, gives the conf set the name of the collection and
associates each collection
with the same named config set.

So the first just lets you boot strap one collection easily...but what
if you start with a
multi-core, multi-collection setup that you want to bootstrap into
SolrCloud? And they don't
share a common config set? That's what the second command is for. You
can setup 30 local SolrCores
in solr.xml and then just bootstrap all 30 different config sets up
and have them fully linked
with each collection just by passing bootstrap_conf=true.

Note: I am using -Dbootstrap_conf=true and not -Dbootstrap_confdir

Thanks,
-Utkarsh

--
Thanks,