lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Sandeep Gupta <gupta...@gmail.com>
Subject Need Help in migrating Solr version 1.4 to 4.3
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2013 06:13:20 GMT
Hello All,

We are planning to migrate solr 1.4 to Solr 4.3 version.
And I am seeking some help in this side.

Considering Schema file change:
By default there are lots of changes if I compare original Solr 1.4 schema
file to Sol 4.3 schema file.
And that is the reason we are not copying paste of schema file.
In our Solr 1.4 schema implementation, we have some custom fields with type
"textgen" and "text"
So in migration of these custom fields to Solr 4.3,  should I use type of
"text_general" as replacement of "textgen" and
"text_en" as replacement of "text"?
Please confirm the same.

Considering Solrconfig change:
As we didn't have lots of changes in 1.4 solrconfig file except the
dataimport request handler.
And therefore in migration side, we are simply modifying the Solr 4.3
solrconfig file with his request handler.

Considering the application development:

We used all the queries as BOOLEAN type style (was not good)  I mean put
all the parameter in query fields i.e
*:* AND EntityName: <<>> AND <fileName>:<fieldValue> AND .....

I think we should simplify our queries using other fields like df, qf ....

We also used to create Solr server object via CommonsHttpSolrServer() so I
am planning to use now HttpSolrServer API>

Please let me know the suggestion for above points also what are the other
factors I need to take care while considering the migration.

Regards
Sandeep