lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Gora Mohanty <g...@mimirtech.com>
Subject Re: Creating solr query.
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2013 18:43:14 GMT
On 25 June 2013 00:07, Ashwin Tandel <ashwintandel@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It's with regards to generating a query string for Solr.
> I am looking for a solution where I can create the query string like
>
> 'q=name:ipod AND cat=music AND features=cool&facet=on&facet.field=cat'

> Is there any library through which we can create this query string.
>
> I came across Solrj but looks like it is not as reach as lucene API.

Your query above does not seem to be Lucene specific, and
can well be handled by Solr. This might be a good starting point:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrQuerySyntax

> Is there a way we can use lucene API and generate the query string or is
> there any other way.

As Erik replied in the earlier thread, if you really need Lucene syntax
your best bet would be to write a custom QParser.

Regards,
Gora