lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: custom field tutorial
Date Sat, 08 Jun 2013 10:29:17 GMT

app developer is to first try and see if they can make due with the existing
capabilities.

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message-----
From: Anria Billavara
Sent: Saturday, June 08, 2013 2:54 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: custom field tutorial

You seem to know what you want the words to map to, so index the map.  Have
one field for the word, one field for the mapped value, and at query time,
search the words and return the mapped field. If it is comma separated, so
be it and split it up in your code post search.
Otherwise, same as Wunder, in my many years in search this is an odd request
Anria

Sent from my Samsung smartphone on AT&T