lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From PeriS <pvsub...@indiana.edu>
Subject Re: Dynamic Indexing using DB and DIH
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2013 19:58:00 GMT
Shawn,

You got the point; I do have a the unique key defined, but for some reason, when i run the
delta-import; a new entry is created for the same record with a new unique key. Its almost
somehow it doesn't detect the existing record.

On Jun 3, 2013, at 3:51 PM, Shawn Heisey <solr@elyograg.org> wrote:

> On 6/3/2013 12:35 PM, PeriS wrote:
>> I noticed the delta-import is creating a new indexed entry on top of the existing
one..is that normal?

> Not sure what you are asking here, so I'll give an answer to the question I think you're
asking:  If you have a uniqueKey defined in your schema, then new documents with matching
values in the uniqueKey field will replace the existing documents.  Solr will delete the old
one before inserting the new one.