lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: Solr - ORM like layer
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2013 14:25:18 GMT
Solr doesn't support complex objects directly - you must flatten and
otherwise denormalize them. If you do want to store something like a graph
in Solr, make each node a separate document (and try to avoid the temptation
to play games with dynamic and multivalued fields).

But if you have a tool to automatically flatten and denormalize complex
objects and graphs and database joins, great. Please describe what it
actually does in a little more (but not excessive) detail.

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message-----
From: Tuğcem Oral
Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2013 8:57 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Solr - ORM like layer

Hi folks,

I wonder that there exist and ORM like layer for solr such that it
generates the solr schema from given complex object type and index given
list of corresponding objects. I wrote a simple module for that need in one
of my projects and happyly ready to generalize it and contribute to solr,
if there's not such a module exists or in progress.

Thanks all.