lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Need Help in migrating Solr version 1.4 to 4.3
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2013 15:50:03 GMT
On 6/25/2013 11:52 PM, Sandeep Gupta wrote:
> Also in application development side,
> as I said that I am going to use HTTPSolrServer API and I found that we
> shouldn't create this object multiple times
> (as per the wiki document http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Solrj#HttpSolrServer)
> So I am planning to have my Server class as singleton.
>  Please advice little bit in this front also.

This is always the way that SolrServer objects are intended to be used,
including CommonsHttpSolrServer in version 1.4.  The only major
difference between the two objects is that the new one uses
HttpComponents 4.x and the old one uses HttpClient 3.x.  There are other
differences, but they are just the result of incremental improvements
from version to version.

Thanks,
Shawn