lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: data-import problem
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2013 17:44:56 GMT
On 6/6/2013 11:38 AM, Stavros Delisavas wrote:
> Perfect! This finally worked! Shawn, thank you a lot!
>
> How do I set up multiple cores?
>
> Again, thank you so much! I was looking for a solution for days!

Cores are defined in solr.xml - the default example core is named
collection1.  I am struggling to find documentation for multicore that
is suitable for a novice.  There is some information on this wiki page,
but it is geared towards the use of the CoreAdmin API, not multiple
cores themselves.

wiki.apache.org/solr/CoreAdmin

To access a specific core with query urls, you don't use URLs like
/solr/select that you might have seen in documentation, you use
/solr/corename/select or /solr/corename/update instead.

Thanks,
Shawn