lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Alan Woodward <a...@flax.co.uk>
Subject Re: Core admin action "CREATE" fails for existing core
Date Thu, 23 May 2013 16:43:31 GMT
Thanks!

Alan Woodward
www.flax.co.uk

On 23 May 2013, at 17:38, Steve Rowe wrote:

> Alan, I've added AlanWoodward to the Solr AdminGroup page.
>
> On May 23, 2013, at 12:29 PM, Alan Woodward <alan@flax.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> I think the wiki needs to be updated to reflect this?  http://wiki.apache.org/solr/CoreAdmin
>>
>> If somebody adds me as an editor (AlanWoodward), I'll do it.
>>
>> Alan Woodward
>> www.flax.co.uk
>>

>> On 23 May 2013, at 16:43, Mark Miller wrote:
>>
>>> Yes, this did change - it's actually a protection for a previous change though.
>>>
>>> There was a time when you did a core reload by just making a new core with the
same name and closing the old core - that is no longer really supported though - the proper
way to do this is to use SolrCore#reload, and that has been the case for all of 4.x release
if I remember right. I supported making this change to force people who might still be doing
what is likely quite a buggy operation to switch to the correct code.

>>> Sorry about the inconvenience.
>>>
>>> - Mark

when going from Solr 4.1 to 4.3.

for example). In 4.3, I get an error message:

Core with name 'core-tex69b6iom1djrbzmlmg83-index2' already exists.