lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Kamal Palei <palei.ka...@gmail.com>
Subject SOLR query performance
Date Tue, 07 May 2013 14:10:15 GMT
Dear All
I am using Apache SOLR 3.6.2 version for my search engine in a job site.

I am observing for a solr query taking around 15 seconds to complete. I am
sure there is something wrong in my approach or I am doing indexing
wrongly. I need assistance/pointer to resolve this issue. I am providing a
detail background of work what I have done. Kindly provide me some pointer
how do I resolve this.

I am using Drupal 7.15 framework for job site. Using Apache solr 3.6.2 as
my search engine. When a user registers his profile, I create a node
(page), attach the document in that node. In every one hour I run the cron
task and do indexing of new nodes or updated nodes.

When an employer search some key words say java, mysql, php etc, I use apis
provided by Drupal to interact with SOLR and get the documents that
contains keywords such as java, mysql, drupal etc.

There is a filter "rows". If I specify rows as 100 or 200, the query
returns first (takes around half second). If I specify rows as 3000, it
takes around 15seconds to return.

Now, my question is, Is there any mechanism, I can tell to solr that, my
start row is X, rows is Y, then it will return search result from Xth row
with Y number of rows (Please note that this is similar with LIMIT stuff
provided by mysql).

Kindly let me know. This will help us to great extent.

Best Regards
Kamal